Institute for Brain Potential Workshop
Chronic stress suppresses the immune system, undermines the vascular system, and impairs the brain. This program focuses on the 21st century discoveries to enable health professionals to better understand, prevent and manage stress-related disorders.
- Regions of the brain that are affected by chronic stress
- How chronic stress affects the immune system
- How stress can impair the cardiovascular system
- How tress increases the risk of mood disorders
- Outlined how sleep, pain and Alzheimer’s disease are related to chronic stress
- Identified brain-based strategies for enhancing stress resilience