Of course you already know ten times over that your first lines of defense against COVID-19 are:
- Social distancing
- Washing your hands
- Wearing a mask (yes, science shows they help)
- Using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
But there’s something else that’s critical.
A strong immune system.
Not enough people talk about this. Certainly not our major health institutions including the CDC, WHO, the NIH, and rarely doctors.
A strong immune system begins with eating a healthy diet, minimizing toxins, getting adequate sleep and exercise, reducing stress (Ha! These days?) and taking science-backed supplements — when appropriate.
I often hear friends and family say they’re taking vitamin C, D Airborne and zinc. All good but it many cases, not enough.
I take COVID-19 very seriously. I also leave the house a lot.
I know this sounds flip and contradictory.
Believe me I’m not arrogant enough to think I’m superwoman. I know I can get sick. I’ve had enough colds, flu and health issues in my life to know I’m anything but invincible. Growing up I got strep pretty regularly.
And since COVID-19 I’ve felt something coming on at least three or four times. I didn’t have a cough or fever but I was run down with a slight scratchy throat and stuffy nose. Just on the cusp of something maybe turning ugly. I slammed down my supplements for a few days and it went away, 100%.
Of course I follow all the CDC precautions when I leave the house but I’ve been out countless times (after lockdown ended in Florida May 1st). I’m not high risk. I’m 54 and in good health as are my husband and daughter.
But as you know with COVID-19 that’s no guarantee.
Still, in the last five months I’ve been to restaurants, hotels, the gym, bike trails, my hairdresser, nail salons, my eye doctor and primary care physician, numerous stores, malls, several small gatherings with friends, and more recently, a virtually empty movie theater for a much appreciated big screen and popcorn experience with my daughter.
I’ve been tested twice for COVID-19 before I visited my stepmom and had one antibody test. All negative.
So, I have to think either my test results were wrong (certainly possible), I’ve been incredibly lucky or my immune-strengthening supplements have something to do with why I haven’t gotten sick.
I have no way of proving my theory except to say that since I started taking a specialized silver called Argentyn 23 I don’t get sick (or seriously sick).
(Want to cut to the chase? Head to the end of this post)
Argentyn 23 to strengthen your immune system
Argentyn 23 is a unique form of silver. A refined, improved colloidal silver.
Wait, please don’t leave because you read the word “silver” and said oh helllll no, quackery alert.
I felt exactly the same way.
I refused to try any form of silver. Because while I’m heavily into alternative medicine, I didn’t trust gulping back a liquid version of my favorite sterling silver earrings (obviously an exaggeration, no comparison).
But Argentyn 23 is safe, non-toxic and *effective for bacterial and viral infections. It’s a bio-active hydrosol form of silver. In a nutshell this means super small (nano) particles with positively charged ions. This unique molecular makeup makes all the difference.
I need to say upfront that the FDA just issued a warning to companies claiming their silver products prevent or cure COVID-19. Dietary supplement companies are prohibited by the FDA from making statements that their products prevent or cure disease.
The company that makes Argentyn 23, Natural Immunogenics, follows FDA guidelines to the T. They don’t claim to “cure or treat” because they’re not allowed to make those claims.
This isn’t a snake-oil company. There’s peer-reviewed science behind Argentyn’s form of silver (see “Research” below).
Silver has long been shown to have antibacterial properties. And in more recent years scientists discovered that silver also has antiviral properties.
It has been reported that silver nanoparticles interact with virus, bacteria, and the immune system…the size, shape and composition of silver nanoparticles can have a significant effect on their efficacy.Silver Nanoparticles Interactions with the Immune System: Implications for Health and Disease.
The one thing my doctor recommended to prevent colds and flu
A few years ago I asked my integrative MD if she had to pick one supplement to help prevent colds and flu what would it be? I get overwhelmed with all the options and contradictory findings. She said Argentyn 23.
I’d never heard of it and was pretty skeptical. I’d read about some people turning blue (argyria) from talking silver so I wanted nothing to do with it.
But it works and it’s safe. My husband and daughter also started taking Argentyn 23 and these are the last two people on the planet I’d put at risk.
I know my words means nothing without science and safety assurances to back up my claims.
The 4 supplements I take religiously when I’m getting sick
I take these the second I feel a scratchy throat. I mean I’ll crawl out of bed half asleep and make myself. Sometimes I still get a cold, but rarely. And if I do get sick my symptoms are less severe and I get over it faster.
The trick is to take these immediately and repeatedly (according to directions) until you feel better (generally 5-10 days depending on severity).
- Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra) supplementation effectively treats upper respiratory symptoms: A meta-analysis of randomized, controlled clinical trials
- Vitamin D effective for reducing flu and colds: study
- Can vitamin C prevent or treat COVID-19? Peer-reviewed studies: antiviral effects of silver
- Silver Nanoparticles Interactions with the Immune System: Implications for Health and Disease.
- Application of Silver Nanoparticles in Viral Inhibition: A New Hope for Antivirals
- Silver Nanoparticles as Potential Antiviral Agents.
- Statement of Argentyn 23 safety by former Science Assistant to the Associate Bureau Director, Division of Toxicology, US FDA.
- Antiviral effects of nano colloidal silver, water catholyte, oxidal with methylene blue. possible effects of influence over coronavirus SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2
- Nanoparticle-based antimicrobial paper as spread-breaker for corona virus
- Inhibitory effect of silver nanomaterials on transmissible virus-induced host cell infections
- Efficiency of silver nanoparticle against virus coronaviruses
- Application of nanomaterials in treatment, anti-infection and detection of coronaviruses
- Could silver nano-particles control the 2019-nCoV virus?; An urgent glance to the past
- Glutathione-Capped Ag2S Nanoclusters Inhibit Coronavirus Proliferation through Blockage of Viral RNA Synthesis and Budding
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.