Laura G. Owens. Writer.
Speak Your Truth
Wellness. Psychology. Social commentary.
I graduated with a B.S. in Psychology and minor in Marketing from Rollins College and University of Florida.
- Huffington Post
- Columnist – Contributor: Whole Life Times Magazine
- Purple Clover
- Psych Central
- Motherwell Magazine
- Lipstick & Politics
- Grown and Flown
- Scary Mommy
- Motherly -Parent.co
- Feminine Collective – poetry
- Natural Muscle Magazine
- AKA Mom Magazine
- AKA Mom Magazine Essay: “Fifty Shades of Denial?”
- Susan Liddy International – Emotional Intelligence for Women
- Playground Magazine
- Mothers Movement Online
- The First Step Magazine (U.K.)
- Natural Mothering online
- The Orlando Sentinel
- Local Orlando publications.
- Stress-related disorders – Institute for Brain Potential
- Understanding the Gut Brain: Stress, Appetite, Digestion and Mood – Institute for Brain Potential
- Food for Thought: How Nutrients Affect Mental Health and the Brain – Institute for Brain Potential
- Theory & Practice of Creative Writing
- A Writer’s Guide to Descriptive Settings
- Focus on Writing the Personal Essay
Laura is an exceptional writer who comes up with innovative spins on any topic she tackles. She is a go-getter and always meets her editorial deadlines. She is a pleasure to work with as an editor. ~ Sabrina James, former editor, Playground Magazine.
I ran across Laura Owens one day as I was researching data for healthy living. I was ASTOUNDED by the depth of knowledge and VALUE that Laura offered on her websites. So, invited her to guest blog and she said “YES!” ~ Susan Liddy, Life, Biz & Body Benevolence Coach, Author, Speaker. , MA, PCC, CCC
I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how impressed I was with your latest article on autism — genetics and environmental triggers. I read every article on autism that gets published in the Health & Wellness or Parenting sections, and this rates far above the rest I’ve seen lately. I absolutely love how you handled it. The insights were good, and your article was very well written. ~ Vickie Ewell, Feature Writer Suite101: Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome.
This site is designed for the general public, adults 18 and older.